In the spirit of following recommended procedures, we ask Members not to visit the ACTRA Manitoba office in person but to conduct business with the office by email or phone: 204-339-9750.
We are sending our Member to Member e-blast twice a month. In addition, please check your email for updates from ACTRA National.
We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials.
- Information from the Province of Manitoba regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, including testing and case numbers.
- Current Public Health Orders in Manitoba.
- The On Screen Manitoba Producer’s Committee has endorsed the Safety and Health Guidelines for the Manitoba Media Production Industry (Second Edition) (updated June 2021). On Screen Manitoba hosted a COVID-19 information session on March 15, 2021 with Producer Ellen Rutter, Nurse and COVID-19 Supervisor Nicole Loewen, and Preventive Medicine Specialist Dr. Richard Rusk. Using the updated guide and topics discussed in the information session, OSM has updated its FAQ. Here is OSM’s supplementary page with additional resources.
- ACTRA Manitoba’s COVID-19 Best Practices Guide (June 2020).
- ACTRA National’s COVID-19 webpage has information about financial support. Note that the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB) opened for applications in Manitoba on December 19, 2021.
- According to the February 11, 2021 Public Health Act, businesses that are producing a motion picture or television show may operate (item 70, p 36 in the Schedule of businesses permitted to operate) and businesses that conduct communications and broadcasting activities (items 6, 7 and 8 on page 28 of the schedule) may continue to operate.